Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Live a Little!

I found it! The most beautiful place in the whole world!

Two weekends ago I decided to be spontaneous, packed a picnic and headed up to Red Rocks Amphitheater. I had a wonderful lunch, read my book and climbed the ridiculous amount of steps. It was nice. Then I decided to live a little....

At the top level of parking lot there was a little "trail". Actually I think it was a just a path made from water run off from the mountains. But it was beautiful. There was this little babbling brook and the sun was shining and it was gorgeous. I decided "Bodecia Arietty Zinglehamper! It is time for you to live a little!". So I kinda... jumped a fence.... and kinda... ignored a sign that said "Closed for Renovation.".... and kinda.... hopped across the brook.... trying unsuccessfully to not get my shoes wet... Kinda... heh heh...

The whole time I was walking I was terrified. Someone might see me... then they might call the Police... and they would catch me and throw me in jail... I can't go to JAIL! I don't even have the money to post bail! I guess I could try and out run them... I can't run very fast... Oh and of all days not to be wearing my ankle brace... I would probably slip and twist my ankle... and then I would need surgery... I can't afford that!

These thoughts were running through my head the whole time and just as I began to debate which was cheaper bail or surgery I saw it. The most beautiful place on earth. There was this beautiful aromatic tree that sheltered me from sight. The ground was covered with delicate yellow flowers and rich red earth. You could see giant fluffy clouds brooding over the towns and rock formations from above while birds hung suspended in the air. Last years leaves crinkled and complained about having to now sit in the dirt. I laid on my blanket the sun shining and watching the snow come down over Denver. Earth's perfect spot...

As laid there on my blanket I journaled, ate a snack, watched the clouds and twisted a wreath out of apple blossoms... It would have been worth the money for bail...

No comments: