Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Viewer Discretion Advised

I feel that I need to caution you before you continue reading this post. This blog post deals with one of the darkest and most horrifying parts of my life here in Nannyville. It is twisted and disturbing and may haunt your dreams, it has mine for the past couple of weeks... If you want to continue that is up to you, but please brace yourself for the next photo because if you choose to scroll down, you are about to gaze on the face of pure evil....




AAAAAHHHH!!!! I WARNED YOU! OK so this little lion may appear innocent and friendly enough but don't be deceived. He hangs from the playmat waiting... waiting... always waiting. Brown eyes never blinking, he watches as you go about your day... waiting.


Then, without warning he strikes, playing one of his four, horribly metallic songs! Over and over again the same annoying tunes play, working their way into your brain. Oh how I despise you Evil Lion!

It is just horrible. You find yourself humming those songs in the shower and while you are doing the dishes. You hear them in your head while you drive in your car or as you lie in your bed waiting for sleep. There is no escape.

Sitting there on a nice quiet night with a cup of tea and a good book (The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury right now. Ryan picked it out for me and I am loving it!), the boys play nicely on their playmat. Everything is peaceful and then.... DO DO DODO, DO DO DODO, DEEDA DEE DO DUM DUM! Insufferable LION! I hate it so much....

You might ask "Why don't you just take it down Bodecia? Put it in a closet somewhere never to be seen again. Then you can have a nice home again." Here is why....





The boys love it... =(

1 comment:

meg said...

Is that the same toy that played songs when I was there? Cause if so, I can corroborate your claim that those songs will fill your brain for eternity.