Thursday, January 28, 2010

What are you doing out there!?!

My Mom says "Bodecia, you aren't in school and there are still no new blog posts! What are you doing out there!?!"

The awnser... crocheting! Megan introduced me to a new website called Ravelry.com. It has all kinds of fun patterns and tools for knitters and crocheters and it has gotten me all excited about new projects. Here are some pictures....

Danny is a dinosaur baby because instead of cooing or giggling he shrieks and growls making all kinds of very nice dino noises. I figured every dino baby needs some friends so I made him these little guys as a Christmas present.









Louise and I started these blocks back in November. We were looking through a baby toy magazine and saw some similar blocks for around $35. I said "We can make these..." We went to Joanns and got some nice cotton and foam and took off. It took us a very long time to finish them but with the help of Megan they are finally done. We were going to make six, but decided on four when we stitched the first one up and realized how big it was. We wanted them to be a nice size for baby hands to grab, but they grew exponentially and are now bigger than the babies heads.... ooops....



Rocket Bear, is Victor's nickname. It was given to him after we bought him a pair of jammies covered in little rocketships. This was also a Christmas present and as you can tell by the photos he has already been well loved. So well loved in fact that I have already needed to stitch his legs back on =). The rocket ship has a tiny rattle inside and the bear's arms and legs are jointed.




This is the latest project. A stacking ring toy. It was inspired by a pattern found at Lionbrand.com, but we decided we could make it much cuter than that. So instead of a frog, a dragonfly, a ladybug and a bumblebee on a lillypad, we are making a bunny, a squirel, some bees buzzing in a berry patch, and a bear ontop of a rock. The second one will be a happy sun, a pig, some chicks, and a cow ontop of a farm. I will upload some more pictures when they are done.





Yes I am a tiny bit obsessed with babies right now, but look at these faces...

Wouldn't you be obsessed too?

2 comments:

meg said...

I am obsessed too! Keep the posts comin with the cutest crafts and babies of all time! That stacking ring toy is AMAZING! I hear Etsy calling you...

I lol'd when you said the blocks are bigger than their heads!! Probably my fault for getting obsessed with crochet and just couldn't stop with small squares!

Tory said...

Sheesh, do you HAVE to be so darn creative all the time? Everything is absolutely adorable! Keep up the good work, Bodeci-ito! <3

PS: Frank says hello.