Wednesday, August 19, 2009

June 9th

We were able to go down the zipline tonight and I realy feel like it was a wonderful illustration of how I feel about starting my first week as a counselor, and the rest of my summer here at camp.


I had been trained on how to put on the zipline equipment. I had seen it being built, and I knew it was perfectly safe. It had been built by a Master Engineer and I was surrounded by people who loved me. However, when I stood at the top of that platform, my toes hanging off the edge, nothing could have untied the knots in my stomach! But no turning back, onwards and upwards. So I stepped off....


All of the sudden I was flying! With the wind in my face I couldn't help but laugh. I didn't want it to end. But I was pulled to the landing platform, helped down and met with a thounderous round of applause. Yet it was nothing I had done. Was it not the Master Engineer who had built the tower, the cable that supported me, the rope that connected me, and the harness that cradled me? All I had to do was step off of that platform and trust. All I had to do was hold on tight for the experince of a lifetime!


God help me to remember this illustration of your love for the rest of my life.

No comments: