Friday, August 1, 2008




So 4-h is over and it went really well. My mixed media piece entitled "Outrageous" didn't place for a ribbion (evidentaly the judges thought it was missing something too). My painting inspired by the superchic[k] song "Alive" won 4th place in my division. My Artist Trading Card collection won 2nd place in my division and 4th out of all of the collectibles. The piece that did the best was by far my crocheted dragon. I wrote the pattern for this little guy when Stacy asked me for a dragon for Christmas last year. It impressed the judges so much that I won 1st of all the crocheted projects, 1st of all the needlecrafts, a best in show trophy, and the gold ribbion award which is an invitation to go to State Fair. Now if only I could remember how I made him!

I already have plans in the work for next year. I want to do something really impressive this time... Like maybe a life sized replica of Mount Rushmore done in crochet!


No comments: